Asbestos Operative – Zero Hour
Location: Aberavon, Cardiff
Salary: £ Depending on location
Position: Asbestos Operative
Salary: £ (Depending on Location)
Start Date: To Be Confirmed
Hours per week: Zero Hour Contract
Location: Wales – Various
We have a fantastic opportunity available, for an experienced Asbestos Operative to join our dynamic team here at MSS Group. We want your passion and enthusiasm, to help deliver a first-class service.
The MSS Group are seeking a reliable individual, who can provide general Asbestos Operative duties which may involve a variety of responsibilities in line with policy and procedures. Continuously providing our clients, with a safe pair of hands.
- Would you thrive in a friendly working atmosphere?
- Would you also find benefit in the flexibility of working on other sites if required?
- To perform all work safely; on time; to the agreed standard; and that it is compliant with legislation
- Understand all information contained within the risk assessments, COSHH assessments and Plans of work relating to the removal repair, encapsulation of asbestos containing materials and associated tasks
- Understand and comply with the Plan of Work and all associated risk and COSHH assessments as communicated by the Asbestos Supervisor and/or other senior MSS Environmental staff
- Carry out daily “user” inspections of their RPE in accordance with the documented system
- Take reasonable care not to endanger themselves or other through their act or omissions
- Co-operate with the company on all aspects of Health, Safety and Welfare.
- Inform the Supervisor of any accidents, cases of occupational ill health, dangerous occurrences and near misses
- Inform the Supervisor where they are unable to correct any faults that could prevent the asbestos works being completed safely, successfully on time
- To ensure that Company plant, equipment and materials are maintained, treated with respect and kept securely
- Support Supervisor by assisting or mentoring less experienced Operatives or at times when utilising agency Operatives
- Personal Protective Equipment is used as instructed for its correct use, storage, and procedures followed for obtaining replacements
Essential experience required to be considered:
- Health & Safety compliance, must be flexible; as required for shift cover
- HSG 247 compliant/UKATA Category C – Asbestos Operatives Training Course
- Extensive asbestos industry experience as an operative (minimum of 2 years) relevant to the role
- Extensive experience as an operative in projects involving a range of ACMs and removal techniques
- Industry, regulatory and technical competence, as well as effective communication skills
- Will be required to undertake ARCA Operative competency scheme and/or NVQ
If you would like to be a part of a rapidly growing company and would like further information, then please email a recent copy of your CV; quoting the reference code AON-001 to: Ffion Edwards (Recruitment Officer at the MSS Group) Ffion.email@example.com or call 07900 977742 if you have any queries.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not received any response within 4 weeks, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
We create and maintain clean, safe and secure environments