Asbestos Operative – Zero Hour
Location: Aberavon, Cardiff
Salary: £ Depending on location
Start Date: To Be Confirmed
Hours per week: Zero Hour Contract
We have a fantastic opportunity available, for an experienced Asbestos Operative to join our dynamic team here at MSS Group. We want your passion and enthusiasm, to help deliver a first-class service.
The MSS Group are seeking a reliable individual, who can provide general Asbestos Operative duties which may involve a variety of responsibilities in line with policy and procedures. Continuously providing our clients, with a safe pair of hands.
- Would you thrive in a friendly working atmosphere?
- Would you also find benefit in the flexibility of working on other sites if required?
- To perform all work safely; on time; to the agreed standard; and that it is compliant with legislation
- Understand all information contained within the risk assessments, COSHH assessments and Plans of work relating to the removal repair, encapsulation of asbestos containing materials and associated tasks
- Understand and comply with the Plan of Work and all associated risk and COSHH assessments as communicated by the Asbestos Supervisor and/or other senior MSS Environmental staff
- Carry out daily “user” inspections of their RPE in accordance with the documented system
- Take reasonable care not to endanger themselves or other through their act or omissions
- Co-operate with the company on all aspects of Health, Safety and Welfare.
- Inform the Supervisor of any accidents, cases of occupational ill health, dangerous occurrences and near misses
- Inform the Supervisor where they are unable to correct any faults that could prevent the asbestos works being completed safely, successfully on time
- To ensure that Company plant, equipment and materials are maintained, treated with respect and kept securely
- Support Supervisor by assisting or mentoring less experienced Operatives or at times when utilising agency Operatives
- Personal Protective Equipment is used as instructed for its correct use, storage, and procedures followed for obtaining replacements
Essential experience required to be considered:
- Health & Safety compliance, must be flexible; as required for shift cover
- HSG 247 compliant/UKATA Category C – Asbestos Operatives Training Course
- Extensive asbestos industry experience as an operative (minimum of 2 years) relevant to the role
- Extensive experience as an operative in projects involving a range of ACMs and removal techniques
- Industry, regulatory and technical competence, as well as effective communication skills
- Will be required to undertake ARCA Operative competency scheme and/or NVQ
If you would like to be a part of a rapidly growing company and would like further information, then please email a recent copy of your CV; quoting the reference code AON-001 to: Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not received any response within 4 weeks, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
We create and maintain clean, safe and secure environments